A globally popular and classic collectable toy that has successfully remained popular as ever since the 1980s, Sylvanian Families (also rebranded as Calico Critters in the U.S.) is well loved by the young and old alike. With a huge range of furry little animal characters, adorable play sets and idyllic scenery to choose from, anyone would be spoilt for choice.
Whether you’ve just purchased some second hand Sylvanian Families toys or your child’s been playing with the adorable little critters regularly and taking them on adventures outdoors, it’s essential that you take the time to clean them every now and them, keeping them germ-free and looking as good as new.
One of Discount Toy Co’s most popular toys, we give you all the tips on keeping your Sylvanian Families toys clean
Due to their soft make and delicate fur coverings, it is important that you handle them with care in order to keep them in good nick. At Discount Toy Co, we’ve done a bit of research and here’s some tried and tested methods you can use to clean your Sylvanian Families.
Cleaning Sylvanian Families clothing
1) Remove any clothing from the figures, if they are wearing any.
2) Gently hand-wash the clothes separately in warm, slightly soapy water. Make sure your soap is bleach –free!
3) While the clothes are still wet, you can do any reshaping that might be required. If you do decide to iron them, place the clothes between two white kitchen towels and iron on low heat.
Cleaning Sylvanian Families figure
1) If there’s a little bit of surface dust and dirt, you can lightly use pieces of sticky-tape to lift off the superficial remnants. You can also try using a soft toothbrush but please brush softly to avoid damaging the flocking.
2) Fill a bowel with hot water and squeeze in some gentle hand wash soap or shampoo (the gentler the better) and leave the figure to soak for about 20-30 minutes.
3) Once the time is up, remove the doll from the water and carefully wipe or pat any residue off the figure with a clean, white and slightly damp washcloth. Do not rub.
4) Finally, rinse the figure with warm water to ensure all soap has been removed and leave it to air dry. Refrain from using any direct heat sources such as a hairdryer, as it may damage the flocking if too hot.
We hope that those cleaning tips were helpful in keeping your Sylvanian Families clean and happy. If you’re looking for cheap Sylvanian Families in Australia, be sure to rely on Discount Toy Co. With $9.95 flat rate delivery Australia-wide, you won’t be disappointed!
Welcome to Discount Toy Co.